Removing Yellow Spots (Lime?) From Floor - Categories:

FloorsCleaning

Removing Yellow Spots (Lime?) From Floor

Hi, we recently moved into a new apartment in Denmark, and the bathroom floor is really yellow. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but it looks a bit like pebbles set in clear resin or something, but it's extremely hard wearing. I get the feeling that the colour might be due to limescale (as we have very hard water here, and the limescale on the tiles was yellowy), but I'm not sure. I've tried bleach and limelite gel (separately) but neither seems to have helped. Any ideas?

Thanks, from Ida.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Have you tried vinegar?

Yes, I have, it didn't seem to help :(

Try rubbing in an inconspicuous area with very very fine steel wool or fine sandpaper, 400-600 grit 'wet and dry' - the black one. As its name suggests, it can be used with water. If bleach didn't remove it I would guess it is indelibly staned but the sandpaper method is excellent for removing lime scale off bathroom fittings without damaging the surface so it may work.

Regards

Jo

Sounds like the minerals have bonded to the pores in the tile. Bring-It-ON cleaner was the only thing that worked for me.

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsSeptember 27, 2004
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Using Lime Leaves
Using Lime Leaves
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 5:00:15 PM on 10.0.2.204 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.