Online CNA Course

I'd like to take an online CNA (certified nurses assistant) course, does anyone know where I might find one? Thanks!

Karen from Easthampton, MA

A lot of community colleges have distance learning classes which can be done online. Try whatever is in your area. Also University of Phoenix has distance learning courses, maybe CNA is on their list.

I just googled "Online Certified Nursing Assistant Course" and found a gob of them. Take your pick.

Most states will not accept them. You need to call your state office first and find out. Most require a certain number of hours of hands on training, under the supervision of a RN, which you do not get online.

You can also verify this by calling one of your local nursing homes. Most nursing homes offer this class and some even pay you to take it.

In Missouri, you have to work 8 hours a year in a nursing home or hospital to keep the class updated. If not, you have to retake the entire class.

You need to check your state to make sure they accept an online course. The course itself is really not that bad and a lot of places actually pay you while you learn. I would check your local nursing homes for programs, also your local votech could help.

As a former CNA, let me say that this is probablly not the best idea. There are a lot of things that you need to know in order to be a CNA that you can't learn online or in books -- you have to do them hands on. Most states require some amount of "clinicals."

Check w/ your local community college, they usually offer the classes (including the clinicals) fairly inexpensively, and it only takes a few weeks. Good Luck w/this!

(Posted via email)

I want be a CNA but I don't have enough money because I live by my self. I really need help, so what can I do? Nana

You can go to for an online CNA course.

Hope that helps.

Might want to try here for cna training online. They even talk about getting it for free, interesting stuff. I found it rather useful.

Actually, you can find number of community colleges and schools offering CNA course online, but you need to look and go for one which is not only best, but it should also cover entire syllabus that would be asked in the state certification exam, along with on- field training without which you wont be able to pass the exam and become CNA as these skills are tested in practical exam. Rules of certification vary with state too, so check it out before making a start so that you can end successfully. More information on

Budget & Finance EmploymentApril 9, 2008
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
Handyman Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Finding Appliance Manuals Online
A woman paying her bills online.
Paying Bills Online
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online