Help Selling Homemade Doll Clothes

Hi I am eleven years old and get very many compliments on how well I crochet. I like making hats, booties/socks and other clothes for my dolls and was thinking about selling on ebay... And yes I am aware of copyright and my mom, Jamesia, will check every pattern before I even start the project. I mostly make up my own patterns. I need to know the price range I should sell in on ebay and such! Thanks SO MUCH!

Mackenzie from Millington, TN

Spend a few days looking at what is already on eBay and what people are getting for them.

I am so proud of you!! I have tried to learn crochet to no avail.

Now to your question... Keep track of the actual time you spend on each item. You should figure at least minimum wage for each hour worked. Then add the cost of materials. If you buy yarn or thread for one project that should be included even if you have leftovers for something else.

Make up a big bunch of items then take them to a flea market. Make sure you have an adult along for security's sake. Crossville, Tn has a wonderful flea market. There are several in Tn... just google flea markets in Tn. If they sell well, and I'm sure they will, you can try ebay or You'll be famous one day and everyone will want to have some of your work.

See what ebay and are selling price wise.

Also, since this is crocheting, is there a venue for antique doll's clothing?

Or maybe you can make items that will fit the American Girls dolls, Barbie... This way, when someone types in 'Barbie', your ebay posting will show up instead of being limited to a much smaller audience with a search for "doll clothing".

Try using the following words in your ebay description:

Crochet doll clothes, can make to fit Barbie, American Girls dolls (other doll names here). This skirt and hat are 3 inches by 2 inches for the hat and the skirt has a waist of _______ with a length of_________. It will fit the following dolls _______.

Something like th above info will bring in all sorts of searches.

what about craft shows??

Mackenzie, you are an enterprising person, and I wish you good luck. If you put narrow elastic in the waistband of the dresses and skirts, they will fit more than one size doll.

thank you so much! see i am eleven years old and everyone i know has called me a "old lady" once or and i just thought i would put my "old ladying" to good use for some extra money.

My first idea would be to use the standard formula for crafts - 3 times the cost of materials.

However, doll clothes are very intricate and you should be proud if you can do them now!

I think the best course of action would be to try and find similar items on ebay under the "completed items" section and see what similar items have sold for.

I would also look into as its specifically for crafters and the fees are less. You might want to start there to get some experience in before trying ebay.

Good luck!

Google has a place where you can advertise your things for sale and it is free. you might want to try there first. You make your ad and submit it and they run it for 30 days. You can find the information for this at They automatically link your product listing in Froogle, so that if people type in keywords, it leads them to your ad. You can include pictures of your products. And you can even set up an account that people can use to make payment to you. It is similar to the PayPal account that eBay uses.

I hope you are very successful in your venture. You should be proud of your accomplishments, and your parents should be especially proud of you.

Harlean from Arkansas

Not profitable business. Just finished simple fillet napkin 10"by 10". Cost:$2.99 tread, 30 hours spend. The buying bid: $2.00.

I am ten and I sew doll clothes. I would buy them for three dollars!

Thanks makenzie

Crafts CrochetAugust 2, 2007
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Diagram of how to make a clothes pin rocking chair.
Making a Clothes Pin Chair
Porcelain Doll
Selling a Porcelain Doll Collection