ThriftyFun recently had an article about using glass jars
Notice the wires that were taken out of the glass vase. They are discolored due to the heat produced inside the glass. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew about it and to check on any crafts they have made like this. Some people still are not aware of the danger.
By Great Granny Vi
I just read this post & am wondering what the author is trying to convey? I have a large jar that I've been using for over five years now with the same 50 strand count of original Christmas lights that I put in from the very beginning. I still have no discoloration or wear. I, however, do not use mine as a night light. I KNOW that what is shown can be an extreme fire hazard. Is the author saying to throw that strand of lights out? That's the message I think she is trying to convey. Just wondering? Thanks!
I switched over to using either the battery operated tea lites or votives. Works great & I can rest easy.
It is safer to use battery-powered tea lights or decor lights-- they do not heat up light the ones originally used. In addition, never never never let the wires for the lights wrap around themselves-- that sets up an electrical field that can be powerful enough to melt the wires!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!