Removing Stains from the Toilet Bowl

What is the best way to clean a hard brown stain in a toilet?

By Dee from Covington, KY

Best Answer

I used "The Works" and it got rid of all the brown gunk on the toilet. I hope this helps.

Best Answer

What works for me is a product called "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner. I used to clean rental houses after the old tenants moved out and this stuff takes things off you wouldn't believe. Wal-Mart usually carries it for like $1.25 or so, or if you have a dollar tree near you, they may have it.

Best Answer

Muriatic (Hydrochloric) acid sold for pools follow directions carefully. do not spill on you or other things. ventilate bath close door do not breath fumes. let set 1/2 hour. Go back in rub with brush and flush. Tried it after father in law was here. He told me about it.

EDITOR'S NOTE: The department of environmental protection says "Do NOT dispose Muriatic (Hydrochloric) acid down the drain or in storm drains." Wikipedia says"Concentrated hydrochloric acid (fuming hydrochloric acid) forms acidic mists. Both the mist and the solution have a corrosive effect on human tissue, with the potential to damage respiratory organs, eyes, skin, and intestines."

I totally agree with the last post The works is great! If you can't find it Lime Away works too, but The Works is cheaper.

A pumice stone you can get at the grocery store in the area where they keep comet and such. Works great, wet the stone and rub, back to white porcelain again!

My son is single and does not like to "clean" all the time so he just keeps a jug of white vinegar in his bathroom and pours a little around the inside before going to bed. Seems to work for him.

Toilet bowl
Cleaning Toilet Bowl Stains
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJanuary 9, 2011
A toilet being cleaned with blue water.
Cleaning Blue Stains in a Toilet
Toilet being scrubbed with a toilet brush by someone wearing pink rubber gloves
Cleaning Hard Water Stains from a Toilet
Cleaning a white toilet.
Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner Recipes
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🎉
🎄