Craft: Princess Baby Shower Diaper Cake

Tired of seeing the same old diaper theme baby shower cakes? I have been making them for a while now and have been wanting to get more creative with them. The perfect opportunity came when I found out I was going to be a grandma again :)

I decided I would try to make this cake really girly so I went with a princess theme. I made the standard diaper cake to begin with, then decorated it with 4 receiving blankets, a tiara, a princess wand with korker bows attached to it, a plastic silver bracelet, which I hot glued some teardrop pearls to, a pair of shoes with korker bows attached, the green "fluff" around the bottom is a tutu for the baby. I used lime green, pink, and brown ribbons (which look awesome together). The Cinderella carriage I printed out using my Hallmark program to personalize it with the baby's name and year of birth. I used a pink feather boa to top each layer and added 2 lime green butterflies. I am very pleased with the results and just wanted to share the idea.

By Tammy from Herrin, IL

Baby Shower Diaper Cake

That's so cute! You did a great job and it's really pretty!

Awesome job! Too pretty to dismantle and use. Thanks for sharing.

Love the color combo. So pretty! Great job!

Absolutely beautiful! Thumbs up!

I am confused with word "cake". Nice overloaded center piece, but not a cake.

I think its fantastic! I did one in blue for my upcoming grandson's baby shower and folks loved it! Overloaded centerpiece? nah!

I know this is a long shot and I may not get a response but, I live in Illinois and am willing to pay you to make me one of these cakes. I am giving my BFF a baby shower next month; Nov 2010 and it has the same princess theme. I am also will to travel to pick it up. Please email me

Sorry. I just saw your request this morning. I hope your bff's baby shower went well.

Baby Shower Diaper Cake
Making a Diaper Cake
Holidays and Parties Parties Baby Shower DecorationsJuly 20, 2010
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Princess Amidala (Star Wars) Costume
Women looking at a baby shower gift
Homemade Baby Shower Gifts
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower