Making a Nightmare Before Christmas Diaper Cake

Category Baby Shower
For a new mom-to-be, who is also a fan of the Tim Burton movie, a Nightmare Before Christmas themed diaper cake is an outstanding gift. This is a guide about making a Nightmare Before Christmas diaper cake.

This Nightmare Before Christmas themed diaper cake is easy to make and can be customized in so many ways!

• 1 pkg. newborn diapers
  • 1 pkg. size 1 diapers
  • wire-edged ribbon
  • white curling ribbon
  • safety pins
  • 2 paper towel tubes
  • piece of white tissue paper
  • lotion, baby oil, soap, etc.
  • baby toys
  • Nightmare Before Christmas toys
  • scissors

1. Stuff one paper towel tube inside the other. This will help make the tube more rigid for the center of the diaper cake.
  2. Remove the size 1 diapers from the package. Stand them on the long edge and begin arranging them around the tube.
  3. Wrap a piece of curling ribbon around the diapers and pull it tight. Work the diapers around the tube, they should overlap a little bit. NOTE: This step is much easier if you can get a second set of hands.
  4. Tighten the ribbon more and wrap it around a second time. Then tie it and trim the ends short.
  5. Remove the newborn sized diapers from their package. Stand them on the long edge on top of the bottom layer and begin arranging them around the tube.
  6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to create the top layer. Cut any excess tube off, then cover the top of the tube with a piece of tissue paper.
  7. Wrap a piece of decorative ribbon around each layer. Pinning the ends together with safety pins.
  8. Using pieces of decorative ribbon, begin attaching bottles and other items to the cake.
  9. I created a large center bow for the front of the cake. To attach the ring toy, I used a piece of curling ribbon and wrapped the ribbon around the cake in between the layers. NOTE: Making a Decorative Bow
  10. When I attached the colorful pacifiers I ran a piece of curling ribbon in between the layers then tied the pacifiers to it. I finished off the ends by curling them.
  11. I placed a wooden dowel into the center of the cake, leaving about 2-3 inches sticking out of the top. I secured the Sally doll to the dowel with another bow. Add other Nightmare Before Christmas toys/decorations if you have them.