Using Venetian Plaster on Walls

Has anyone tried Venetian Plaster on their walls? I would love some feed back. Is this hard to do? What colors did you use?

By Larissa from Houston, TX

Answers

I used it on my bathroom walls about 10 years ago. It was not hard at all, but extremely time consuming to do. I used a medium mushroom brown base coat, followed by a light blue layer. Over that, I put random streaks of a medium-dark blue. My final coat was an opaque white layer which softened and muted the entire wall. The hard/messy part was sanding and cleaning between layers and after the final layer. I waxed the walls after I was done. If I could do it over again, I'd have used a pale green for my base coat. While the walls look really great, I think the addition of another color would have helped with my decorating scheme. The nice thing about this finish is that it is a classic and will never go out of style.

Home and Garden Home Improvement WallsJanuary 19, 2011
cleaning bucket
Cleaning Unpainted Plaster Walls
Patching a Plaster Wall
Patching a Plaster Wall
Green Plaster Walls
Painting Plaster Walls
A picture frame on a plaster wall.
Hanging Pictures on Plaster Walls
🎄