Mildew on a Purse

I recently purchased a Tommy Hilfiger purse on ebay and it smells like mildew. Most of the purse is canvas but the bottom and strap are leather, there is some metal hardware on it as well. I was wondering what I could do to get the mildew smell out without damaging the purse.

Thank you,
Karlene from South Lake Tahoe, CA

A friend of mine said to crumble up news paper and stuff it into the purse and close it tight. If the out side smells pack it in news paper and put it in a tightly closed container. she does this all the time ! Hope it works!

Mildew is killed with a non toxic, natural, antifungal type product that I saw in a catalog. I sprayed it on the underside of very expensive cherry wood chairs I bought at a yard sale. I never rubbed, just misted and voila, all is gone, and no harm to the wood. The home had a mold problem where I bought the furniture. cartonv2atjunodotcom if you want the name of the product.

Try putting it the freezer for awhile. Make sure to open it up. I tried this method and it works fairly well.

Sun kills mildew as well. Try leaving it outside in the sun for a few days.

Try Lysol...it works great...

Is mold and mildew the same? If not how do you get mold off a leather coat?

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsApril 26, 2006
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
🎉
🎄