Rubber Snake To Prevent Nesting Birds

If you have birds nesting where you don't want (for example, on your house), just place a fake rubber snake on the nesting spot. This will take care of it right away! No birds will be injured and it's very inexpensive!

By michele052002 from Ephrata, PA

Just make sure that there are not any eggs in the nest. If there are, I would leave things alone until they've flown the nest.

My landlord tried that, leaving a rubber snake under each window A/C machine in each rental unit. Birds do not recognize silly human attempts like that to change their behavior. That idea qualifies as an urban legend. And none of them are factual.

Well it's worth a shot for me to try it! Maybe it depends upon the type of bird? Maybe some birds aren't really aware of what snake are? I have to admit it's been years since I saw a snake anywhere. Hopefully my nesters see them when they fly south for the winter!

Didn't work on pigeons in the desert. They just sat on them. And any hawk would just swoop and take. Guess they were smarter than I when I tried it.

Hey! It worked on my birds! We just took down their nest for the fourth time this spring. They keep building in the frame of our retractable awning. Not a good place. Problem is now they are building on the other side! So now I have to go buy a bunch more snakes and line the hood over the awning with them. I think my birds are sparrows. Perhaps a snake is more daunting to them due to their small stature.

Nesting Robin
Deterring Nesting Birds
Home and Garden Pest Control BirdsApril 20, 2011
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Black Charcoal Grill with lid closed on a white background
Keeping Birds from Nesting in a BBQ
Keeping Birds Away
Nesting Supplies to Birds
Providing Nesting Supplies to Birds