DishesCleaning

Dishwasher Dulls Wilton Cake Pan

I don't know if it's possible, but perhaps some of you can come to my assistance. I recently ran my dishwasher with a Wilton cake pan in the load of dishes. When I went to retrieve it the pan had lost all of its shine. Does anyone know how I can go about restoring it, or have I totally messed up a $18 cake pan?

By xstchr92 from FL

Just use it as is and remember wash all your cake pans by hand.

Thanks MCW, I was hoping that there would be a way to restore the shine to it as it doesn't look very appealing to bake in the way it is. I appreciate your help tho.

Anonymous

Same as MCW! It's not ruined and I'll bet the oven and cake mix don't care if it's shiny or not ;-)

Brillo pads and a lot of elbow grease will shine up your pan again. But I am betting that before you are through you will come to think the dull pan is not so bad. It has happened to me!

jsham

Hey, hey, just in case any of you do the same dumb thing; Wilton told me to grease it down, let it sit for 24 hrs, wash, rinse and do it again and although the shine won't come back it will look considerably better than it does now.

Thought I'd try the manufacturer for kicks and giggles and they came right back with an answer from customer service. Don't have the energy for all that scrubbing jsham!