Using Masking Tape in the Kitchen

I keep a roll of inexpensive masking tape in my kitchen. I tear off pieces to put on the tops of my spice bottles, so I am able to write the name of spice on top. I wrap a piece around the bottle with the name also. This enables me to see what spices I have as I turn the round table around without having to pick up each bottle to find the one I want. Also, on the inside of my cabinet with the spices I have a list of spices. I have check marked and highlighted the spices I have on hand.

Another idea for mask tape, when using the plastic cereal holders I cut out the name from box and tape it on the outside so all my household knows what cereal it is.

By Miniduck from IN

About 25 years ago when we first moved to Houston the humidity completely caught me off guard. Many things which i stuck on the shelf in the original containers had to be sealed up. I took a Smuckers jelly jar with the purple and white gingham checks on the lid and put a box of salt in it. I cut off the label reading Iodized Salt and taped it with clear tape to the side of the jar. I still have it. I now use masking tape on my Folger's coffee containers to indicate what is inside. We buy a lot of things in bulk and canisters for all that stuff would be a formidable expense.

Works great to label containers with leftovers with the date.

I also use masking tape to label food containers with contents and dates when I do bulk cooking. I put the extra batches into the freezer when they've cooled.

We use Masking tape to initial things in the refrigerator that we want to save,i.e. the last piece of pie or take-out food we want for lunch tomorrow, etc. Anything without someone's mark is fair game for any of the frige raiders in the house!

In addition to writing the name of the spice or product, I write the date I opened it. Especially with spices I try to check around the beginning of the holiday season to be sure my spices are good for the upcoming baking. We buy our spices from a market selling them in bulk and have found they are so much cheaper than a brand name at the grocery store. I like that with bulk, I can get a tablespoon of something where I may use only a teaspoonful in a recipe possibly once or twice a year. It works great for us.

Uses for Masking Tape
Uses for Masking Tape
Organizing KitchenNovember 20, 2007
Duct Tape
Making Duct Tape Clothes
Duct Tape
Removing Duct Tape From Carpet
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops
Masking Tape
Crafts Using Masking Tape
🎉
🎄