General AdviceConsumer Advice

Recycling Plastic Coffee Containers for Cash

Where can I recycle Folgers plastic coffee cans for money?

By Phyllis from Galt, CA

Why not give them to an elementary school teacher to use in crafts projects with the kids!

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

I am not sure you can anymore. The metal ones are recyclable and the plastic are too. In VA, where I live, you can get paid for aluminum soda cans at certain shopping center malls where you can drive up and weigh them, and a guy will give you money. But, I think everything else is recyclable. Good luck!

I have never heard of recycling the Folger plastic coffee containers. Are you locked into just Folger coffee, no others will do? You may want to consider recycling a Folger container by refilling the container with other brands of coffee on sale, cuts down on accumulating Folger containers. I like the Folger container because it's easier to pick up.

That's what I do, refill.

Outside, I use a Folger container in a large plastic water container in the garden with water & fertilizer and use it to scoop water to individual plants.

Keep a Folger container with some toilet paper inside, and keep it for an emergency potty in each car's trunk.

I give away a few extras to neighbors, or Free Cycle.

You are not making any money on Folgers, however you are recycling to someone who will use them rather than recycling in your trash pick up where they will be melted down.

Hope these suggestions help. Syd

Another suggestion I forgot to mention on my last post for the Folger containers. They make a great container in the kitchen for composting material. When full empty in the garden & reuse. Syd