Organizing With Plastic Coffee Containers

If you purchase coffee in large plastic containers, be sure to reuse them for your clutter. This is a guide about organizing with plastic coffee containers.

I live in a tiny apt. and I have a small space to create things in. So, supplies and clutter and stuff just pile up.

Today, I found two almost identical three drawer plastic units for 4.00 each and decided to put them to good use. Now, for the tubs inside I admit I raid the recycle bins for coffee cans and plastic tubs. I also get them from friends so I have literally 20 of them. When they became the clutter I had to do something.

So I combined the two. Six of the shortest ones fit inside the drawers. They don't all match, but this was not a concern. They are in my entry way closet and no one sees them but me.

I used them to corral hardware, tools, gardening stuff, craft supplies, laundry stuff, and there is even room for a bottom drawer of shoes. I have actually run out of tubs and stuff to put in them, for now. But this is a wonderful start and gives me some breathing room in my work space.

NOTE: If you do this, be sure to put it from heavy on the bottom to light on the top and don't have more than one drawer open at a time. They will topple on you so little ones might want to be kept clear. Unless this is all for yarn or something. It's just something to keep in mind.

N-JOY!!

When I empty my plastic coffee containers, I paint them with paint for plastic found at your craft store or any paint store. I use these containers to store rice, beans, or any dry food product. I make labels or sometimes I use laminating plastic. When I use the laminating plastic I cut out a 3-inch square and cover it with the laminate then I can see what is in the canister without guessing. You can paint designs on them also.

By Electa Jones from Dodson, LA

I have been using my empty plastic coffee containers for organizing my kitchen lately. I have one full of cookie cutters, one contains my decorating supplies, etc. The small ones are also wonderful for the kids' tiny toys, like plastic dinos or army men.

By Cynthia from Pittsburgh PA

I get a lot of these from recycling and my friends save them for me, too. This is just what I had empty so I am going to keep going, but I ran into a snag. So here's the tip and a cautionary warning.

There were some pretty drawers in the kitchen where I kept some tools there and some in another place and still some in some other place. Well, it was getting a bit silly. So today, I sat a coffee tub inside the drawer and it fit, then I figured out another 3 fit.