Acne from Eating Chocolate

I struggle with acne and have recently started using Clearasil Ultra fast acting. I had actually noticed improvement. I went to a cookout last night and had a little bit of chocolate, then had some mini Reese's later that night. I went in the bathroom and noticed my face, especially one side, was broke out worse again. This is about the 2nd time I've noticed this when I eat chocolate. Is it possible I could be allergic to it?

By Monk'scornerdeli from SC

Chocolate doesn't have anything to do with acne. Stress has a lot to do with it unfortunately. So does drinking lots of water and eating a really good diet loaded with green, leafy veggies. Washing with mild cleansers after exercise is important too.

Acne is also brought on a lot from hormonal changes. You may want to keep some notes to see what's happening when. It's tedious to keep a log of everything you put into your mouth and everythign you do but after a week or two, you may see some patterns that you can avoid.

Good luck.

If you see a dermatologist ask for the new prescription medication called BENZA CLIN. It's a topical gel. It's working for both of my teens and myself (adult acne). It's expensive if you don't have insurance but it really really works and doesn't dry out the skin. It's base is benzoyl peroxide.

I would suspect you have rosacea, which can be triggered by chocolate, and can be accompanied by a form of acne. See a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis.

Susan in Omaha

Chocolate NORMALLY does not affect your skin in terms of breakouts etc. It has been a long-standing myth! HOWEVER, it certainly does sound like you are having allergic reactions to it. It is exactly the same thing that happens to my husband when he eats shrimp and myself, when I eat peanut butter. You need to stay away from chocolate, I believe! Good luck. :-)

Preventing Acne, Young Woman washing her face
Preventing Acne
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Acne PreventionApril 6, 2009
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
A girl popping a pimple.
What Causes Acne?
Someone using an acne cleansing pad on their face.
Homemade Oxy Cleansing Pads Recipes
Woman applying acne cream to her face.
Homemade Acne Cream Recipes
🎄
🍂