Cleaning Mold and Mildew from the Shower

My shower stall has wet-wall similar to kitchen counter tops. The wall covering has developed a slight bloom any ideas how to clean this?

Thanks in advance.

By Tizzyfluff from Fife, Scotland

I am looking for a homemade solution. I'd heard that peroxide gets rid of mold, I think, but don't recall for sure about that.

I don't want to go spending money on Tilex, but want something simple and cheap, that hopefully will work as well! :-) Ann

If you can find a bottle of Mean Green tug and shower cleaner, that works best for me.

Bleach, that is all Tilex is, it's scented bleach.

1 Part Hydrogen Peroxide to 2 parts water. Let it sit for at least an hour before rinsing!

I've never actually tried this method, I just recently found it online! But if you are looking for a homemade recipe, I suggest trying this one first!

Try the following. Not sure if it will work but it's worth a try:

All Purpose Cleaner: You'll need a large spray bottle, a half cup of baking soda, and enough water to dissolve. To this, slowly add a cup of vinegar (it will fizz like mad for a bit), then top off with more water. Let this mixture sit overnight, and then flip end over end to mix. Be prepared for more fizzing. When fizzing ends, it's ready to use.

Tile Cleaner: Mix equal parts baking soda and warm water, scrub into tiles, and then clean with all purpose solution.

You can get other cleaning ideas from this site (which is where I got the idea I've mentioned)

pictures of shower walls
Removing Mold from Shower Walls
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomMarch 16, 2011
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure