Button Bracelet

This is an easy gift you can make with all those leftover buttons you have lying around.

• buttons
  • elastic (a piece just a little bigger that your wrist)
  • Ad
  • thread
  • needle

Instructions:

1. Choose the buttons that you want to use. You'll need approximately 20 buttons depending on the size of button, wrist and width of elastic. You can choose buttons that are the same color, colors that compliment one another, or random colors.

2. For a clasp closure, measure your wrist and cut a piece of elastic about 1 inch larger. If you plan to sew the two ends together, so that the bracelet slips over your wrist, then cut the elastic so it fits comfortably around you wrist leaving just a little extra to sew the two ends together.

3. Make a small hem on each end so the elastic does not fray.

4. For the clasp closure, use a larger button to start with, it can be used as a clasp to fasten the ends together. On the opposite end from your button, overlap and sew enough elastic so the button will fit inside of the loop. Try it on and make sure it still fits.

5. Sew buttons on to the elastic until it is completely covered, I used clear thread, but you could also use thread that compliments the color of your buttons.

By Stella Rivét

cute! I'll have to show my daughter so she has a project to do with friends this week end!

That is really nice! Thank you for sharing...I have mix-matched buttons that are no longer needed for any particular garment.

I love that! I think it's awesome the things you can make with anything!

This is a great idea. I have i grandaughter and 4 nieces.

If you brush the ends of the elastic with nail varnish (polish) it will not fray either.

Funky idea!!

Kind regards

Carol Churchill

South Africa

I love your bracelet, I had just bought a "bag of buttons" and now I know what to do with them.

Thanks for sharing....

I love making crafts and so I was wondering if anyone could give me a site where you could learn how to make jewelry out of buttons and also how to make jewelry out of string. Thanks!

I have been wanting a button bracelet ever since I've seen one and now that you guys that put on here, how to make them, now I have one of my own :) Thanks!

Vintage Button Bracelet
Making Button Bracelets
Crafts Recycled Crafts JewelryDecember 14, 2005
flexible tubing filled with water, glitter, and beads made into a bracelet
Making a Water Bracelet
Making Button Jewelry
Making Button Jewelry
Kandi Cuff Bracelet
Making a Kandi Cuff Bracelet
colorful bracelet
Making a Beaded Safety Pin Bracelet
🎄