Picture Toybox Book

In trying to make my grandson's time with his friends more enjoyable when they visit, I noticed they were a bit unfamiliar with some of the standard toys he has accumulated. He was frustrated trying to explain to each one how to play with his toys. I also noticed that he had a lot of the original boxes, although damaged, that they came in. I decided to buy three extra large binder rings.

Trim the tops and backs of each box down to approximately the same size as each other, I punched holes on the left side of each one, making a toy box instruction/picture book for them all to use when visiting. They went crazy and love searching the pictures and instructions, so that they can have it right in front of them as to what parts they need for what.

When done, they can then place the unfinished parts onto a large cheap plastic tray I provide for each boy until they have finished their project on their next visit.

There's no need for a binder, a title, or anything, since all are made of stiff cardboard and easy to assemble and add new toys. It sure saves me a lot of headaches, helps each one to have their own "try" at some toy while another is doing their own thing or playing together. It makes playtime go much smoother, especially for those who don't read that well yet. A "Picture Toybox Book" is worth a thousand words!

By Lynda from TX

P.S. This "book" is so easily added to, and is an

additional interesting playmate "entertainment" within itself.

It dawned on me that if an observant parent were

able to catch which child especially liked what, it could be noted on the back of that particular "page"

and thus making a note on back of a "page" of which child played with what mostly and on what date if ever there's a question. This might also come in handy if some toy is damaged, so that one can be even more watchful/helpful with the visiting child to remind them of how not to damage, suggesting how to enjoy it more, etc.

My grandson sometimes blames another

for any damage that he might make to a toy, so

this would help in understanding how to overcome

this with him and his friend, and to determine if discipline is in order or if it was an accident instead.

Another thing I'm planning on doing is making a "Notebook of Toy Instructions/magazines" since my grandson can read and follow them so well, helping him to keep them together for easy reference and teaching him how

to take care/organize such things which otherwise

get stepped on, tossed/fall into wrong areas, or damaged by other toys, hidden from sight, and even preventing their accidentally being thrown away.

I'm considering placing the "gift" receipt for each new item into a baggie and taping it to the back of each cardboard "page" of the "book" in case any toy breaks prematurely, or a part is missing originally.

Many of the toys he has were either gifts or "found

curbside and still useful", although some slightly broken, and have no boxes. But those that do, even if I find only the top of an older box, come in handy

to add to his "Toy box Picture Book".

Parenting Toddler and Preschooler ActivitiesJanuary 23, 2007
Gold picture frame.
Cleaning Picture Frames
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
Closeup of HDMI Cable
Saving Money on HDMI Cables
two old ornate hardcover books
Making a Recycled Book Picture Frame
🎄