Valentine's Day Craft For 2nd Graders

I am looking for a simple valentine craft to do with my 7 year old 2nd graders. Anyone have any good fast and easy ideas? Thanks for the input.

Helga from Andover

I used to make these with my nieces when they were younger.

Get some doilies (really cheap at a craft or party store) and have the kids cut out heart shapes from them, then have them glue them to sheets of red or pink construction paper. They can then add glue, or stickers and a V-Day poem or whatever.

Also, you can use the cut-out hearts as stencils to make designs on construction paper. :)

hope these help ya!

Cut "Hershey" kiss out of thick paper. Glue aluminum foil. We cut small pieces. Then add strip of paper. Some put their names, some wrote valentine messages. Ages 5 - 9 enjoyed the project. I used it for my after school gang. I have a family child care.

Use Baby Wipe boxes as little mail boxes for them to get their Valentines in. They can decorate them with stickers, or sign each others boxes. If you have several Mother's with babies it shouldn't be too hard to collect enough, if not for this Valentine's Day then you could start early for next years.

You can go to Orientaltrading.com, they have a craft section on the site and have all kinds of kits. You don't have to buy the kits, just look and see if there is anything you can duplicate.

One year for my son's teachers we made homeade valentines. I cut out a heart shape in the middle of a construction paper card (folded into fourths) on one side. Had my son use a crayon sharpener with crayons in reds, pinks and purples to get shavings onto wax paper, then folded it and ironed on low the wax paper until the shavings melted. We then taped the stained glass looking wax paper into the heart shape on the card.

go to http://www.familyfun.com or look for a family fun magazine on newstands...I get all my ideas for girl scouts, etc...it's a great, simply resource...

I saw an adorable heart wreath with hearts glued or taped together making a circle; each heart had the initial of each child in the class. I am sure this is not one of the simplest crafts, since it involves so many hearts, but I still have the one my child did when was younger and now she is almost a teenager...<3

You can make little books and have the kids paste a picture from a magazine about things they love.

One of the cutest crafts I ever received was about Easter, but it was a handmade book, and it had each child telling what the holiday meant to them. When the children couldn't write the teacher wrote what they said. It was so cute, I still have it.

You could have the kids make valentines for soldiers overseas.

Blessings, Robyn

I also would always take those little boxes that held those little drinks that you poke a straw though, and tape them shut, and cut a hole in the top of one of the long sides. Then I would make a handle. Then we could cover the box with paper and color it and put stickers on and glitter glue. I would tape pennies on it sometimes...and then the kids would have a fun valentines box to keep ther little valentines in.

A photo of a girl making paper hearts.
Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids
Crafts Crafts For KidsJanuary 31, 2005
Wedding Favor Ideas for a Valentine's Day Wedding, White and red boxes for Valentine's Day wedding favors.
Valentine's Day Wedding Favor Ideas
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
Green Valentine's Day Ideas
🎉
🎄