Killian "Heaven Sent" (Shetland Sheepdog)

His AKC name is "Heaven Sent". He will be 2 years old on October 4th. Killian is a purebred Shetland Sheepdog also known as a Sheltie.

I got Killian when he was 4 months old. From a breeder named Pam in Eastern Ohio. I had just lost my former Sheltie to a freak accident. She heard and called me to offer me Killian, even though she has no intention of selling him, She knew I needed another Sheltie in my life after losing my former Sheltie, Forby.

Killian loves to do all kinds of activities. He has a whole box of toys to play with while in the house. And of course they all have to be OUT of the box. Outside he loves play frisbee. Play with one of his balls. Take long walks. Bark at squirrels and rabbits, of course. He loves to play and wrestle with other dogs, big or small.

He also loves kids. He is the most gentle dog when it comes to kids. One time, a little girl of a friend of mine, was playing with Killian. They started out watching a Disney video. Him laying on the floor and her using him for a pillow. Then, she got out her rubber bands for her hair and made little pony tails all over him, It took her mom an hour to get about 100 little rubber bands out of his fur. And he sat there real still and quiet while the little girl put all those in his fur.

Killian is my best friend, buddy and companion. He and I have come a long way over this paste year. Without him it would have been pretty rough for me. Whenever I'm feeling down and depressed, he knows. He comes to me, to check on me. Lays his head in my lap and looks at me with his big brown eyes. He also will not let me out of his sight if he knows something is wrong. I could not ask for a better companion dog then Killian. I am thankful he was "Heaven Sent" to me after the death of my former Sheltie.

By Vicki Bradley from Marshall, Minnesota

What a beautiful dog and story!!! Thanks so much for sharing. God sends us special blessings when we need them, doesn't He?

God bless,

mamajerry

Reply Like this photo? Yes

God bless,

mamajerry

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Your dog is gorgeous!!! Have fun celebrating his birthday tomorrow!

JoAnn in Elkhart

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a nice doggie you have.And so pretty too.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

You and Killian are both beautiful and caring. Thanks for sharing him! Blessings, Sue Diaz

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I think all Shelties are "Heaven Sent". He is a sweet dog, and you tell his story wonderfully.

Reply Like this photo? Yes