Burp Cloths for Infants

I bought $1.00 receiving blankets at the dollar store, and some terry cloth on sale at the fabric store. I made 4 burping cloths out of one receiving blanket. If you have a serger you can put them together in a snap. If you don't have a serger, sew them together inside out and then put them right side out and sew along the edges. They are tough, very absorbent, wash well, and they can double as changing pads in your diaper bag.

By kmcb59 from Leavenworth, WA

You have a real thrifty idea of making burp cloths for infants. But I suggest that you don't use burp cloths for changing pads. You should use separate ones for the baby's face and the other ones for the baby's bottom. It wouldn't be very sanitary no matter how well you wash them.

Use 2 ziplock storage bags and mark one burp cloths and the other changing pads.

You could also use fabric napkins that you find at yard sales.

I do something similar, just look for nice flannel on sale at the local craft store, then do the inside out, turn it right side out and do a nice decorative stitch. I make a matching SQUARE (I say this because a lot of receiving blankets aren't really square, making it hard to swaddle a baby) receiving blanket, almost all babies that come into my life, family or friends get a set of those.

Burping Baby
Making Burp Cloths for Infants
Crafts SewingApril 21, 2009
Woman Polishing a Piece of Silver
Homemade Silver Polishing Cloths
Recycled Dish Cloths
Making Your Own Recycled Dish Cloths
baby
Pink Eye Remedies for Babies
Blue microfiber cleaning rag.
Uses for Microfiber Cloths
🎉
🎄