Can I Refreeze a Defrosted Turkey?

I have a problem, I ended up with two turkeys for the holiday. I bought one and got given the other. I am grateful, but the problem is that both of them defrosted. I don't know if it is afe to re-freeze it before I cook it or do I have to cook it first?

Thank you for your help. I have no idea who else to ask.

By Cindi from Portland, OR

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I would not refreeze the turkey until after it is cooked. There's a good bit of time you can freeze the meat before it should be disposed. Add a little water to the slices you plan to use and it'll be nice and moist on your sandwich.

Cook the turkey then carve it and freeze it in portion sizes for your family size. You can pull it out of the freezer and make any number of dishes with it.

It must be cooked and then frozen but Google to find out how long is too long after thawed to cook safely.

Thawed Turkey
Thawing a Turkey
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food Safety MeatNovember 29, 2010
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
making a turkey breast
Cooking a Perfect Turkey Breast
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:23:05 AM on 10.0.2.240 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.