Lego Bathroom Decor

My son and husband really enjoy building things with Lego - so I decided to redecorate our bathroom in Lego for them as a Christmas surprise.

The LEGO website had some embroidered bath towels at clearance prices, so I bought one for each family member. I found a set of twin sheets on ebay - the flat sheets will become the shower curtain, and the pillow cases will become the cafe-curtains for the window. We have a small shelving unit with baskets for our personal items, and I will make liners for those with the leftover sheet fabric. I will probably take a strip and put it on the end of a solid colored hand towel. I am using some yard-sale find blocks to build a box for our tissue box to go in, and if I can figure out the logistics, may also do the same for a toothbrush holder.

To make the shower curtain, I will take the flat sheet and spread it out over the top of my existing shower curtain to check the size. If it is too long, I will keep the "cuff" of the sheet as the bottom hem, and cut off at the top, folding it over 3 times to form a new hem. If it is too narrow, I can take fabric from the fitted sheet and sew it vertically to make a wider panel. I will mark button holes in the new top hem to line up with my existing curtain and then put the rings through the holes. I am hot gluing bricks to the outside of plain clear plastic rings.

I will post photos when we get it all together (and the bathroom is clean!)

That is a wonderful idea! I look forward to seeing your photos....As i have said before.... "Thrifty funners are the smartest people on earth!"

Some friends of ours made their floor plan of their "dream home" up out of Legos. This way, when they wanted to redo something it was much easier than having to do it on printed floor plans on paper.

i can't wait to see the pictures. i think it will be awesome