Decorating a Bathroom

I was cleaning the bathroom yesterday and was moving the plastic goblet full of marbles and glass nuggets. My brain went "It would be nice to get these up off the counters". I looked up and wondered if they would fit behind the towel rack.

Well... they did! I simply put my hand over the opening to keep them inside, tipped it a bit and it fits like it was made for it! I tried another one on the other side of my shelf unit.

Payday I am going to get another 6 and fill them with colored rocks for the rainbow!

N-JOY!

Source: Happy Accident

More Solutions

My son and husband really enjoy building things with Lego - so I decided to redecorate our bathroom in Lego for them as a Christmas surprise.

13 Questions

I am redecorating a bathroom and am going with a French theme. I will be writing in calligraphy French phrases. Does anyone know of any cute/quaint phrases that I could paint on the walls? I haven't found any useful websites!

Jessica from Illinois

Answers

Anonymous

You could try the Google Translate page to translate some English phrases into French. www.google.com/.../

For example, I translated "Brush your teeth" into "Brossez-vous les dents".

I usually like to translate the phrase back to English as well to make sure that the translation is using the right sense of the words. Translating this phrase back to English yields "You brush the teeth" which is probably okay.

If you are looking for literary quotes you might do better searching for specific authors like Moliere, Alexander Dumas, or Victor Hugo.

Anonymous

"un bain chaud agréable" means a pleasant hot bath
"les serviettes douces duveteuses" means fluffy soft towels
"savons parfumés" means fragrant soaps
"se brosser les dents" means brush your teeth
"toilette" means toilet
"transmettre le savon" means hand soap
"shampooing de cheveux" means hair shampoo
"douche relâchant" means relaxing shower

Maryanne, not far from Quebec!
http://www.teapotcottage.com

How about "WEE WEE"

www.tiscali.co.uk/.../phrase_finder.html

this has catagories and will give you phrases.
cj in dallas

By Fran Marie (Guest Post)

FreeTranslation.com-put in your own phrases and set the translator 'English-French'.

You could always call your local high school and ask to speak to the french teacher.
I have noticed that internet translations don't always come out correctly when using Spanish, so I would double check everything before applying to the wall.

Holly

By (Guest Post)

Ferme la port, sil vous plait
Shut the door please

By kimmy (Guest Post)

bless this toilet!""

By loler (Guest Post)

Je pense donc je suis - I think therefore I am.

My bathroom is small and has a blue tub. I want to decorate, but don't know what colors to use.

Help!

I have a bathroom sink with no cabinet underneath and I need to know how can I pretty it up.

By DEBORAH from Warren, OH

I am trying to decorate my guest powder room. It is kind of small with a pedestal sink, toilet and 1 towel bar. I am looking for a little floor cabinet or etagere, something simple, to store things in i.e. cleaning supplies, lotions, toilet paper, etc. Do you have any suggestions?

Onesummer

Answers

When we re-did our bathroom, we replaced the cabinet with a mach larger one with room for storage - but you could just put the cleaning supplies in a large decorative wasterpaper basket next to the sink. Or find a large basket with a lid.

We too have a small bathroom. What I did was get one of those wire shelves and put it high up (above my husbands head) on the wall and I keep a few towels & wash clothes neatly rolled up, and I keep one clear plastic container with cleaners, and one with the lotions & stuff. It's up and out of the way, but within reach.

What about the shelf stand that fits over the toilet? I have one that has one open shelf and two with sliding doors.

It might be possible to build a 3 or 4 sided shelving unit underneath the pedestal sink, out of laminated plywood. (Similiar to a hexagon shape, but the angles would form a half circular shape.) It could be a free standing unit so you would be able to move it if necessary. Then hang skirting around it that coordinates with your bathroom.

By Cathy (Guest Post)

Any ideas on how to clean/remove spots and stains from very old floor linoleum? It is the style installed in the 20's-30's that covers the floor with a pattern. It also has dried paint splatters on it.

In our powder room, We put up a nice oak cabinet on the wall above the toilet. Usually you see them over the toilet but they could go on another wall. It is an almost perfect match to the oak vanity. It has two doors and shelves inside and then an open shelf area under the two doors. It is sort of like a medicine cabinet but deeper. I find it handy for keeping OTC medicines, extra rolls of TP and the like. You can even store something on the top of it. We found it at Home Depot and it was around $65. It looks really nice while being very useful too!

Answer this Question

We have a Victorian bath that the previous owners removed the claw type feet and used bricks and cement to build two stands for the bath to rest on. The cement around the bricks is rough and needs to be decorated in some way. They have cemented the bath in quite securely else we would remove the bath, fit legs onto it and put it back. Any ideas of how we could decorate the cement to improve the look? Maybe cement river stones?

Susan from South Africa

I want to decorate this bathroom with some kind of neutral or calm colors. The wall paint is called Ponytail which is in the richer beige shades and I'm not allowed to paint other color by landlords.

I also have the same color walls in this master bedroom and turquoise/aqua color curtains. I am asking for any suggestions and ideas please?

I recently moved into a beautiful older style farm house. The downside is that the bathroom counter top and bathtub is lined with pink and red tile (including mustard yellow walls). How can I best compliment the bathroom decor without re-tiling?

By Mari

In my master bathroom, I have a green shower curtain with red poppies I want to know if it's OK to hang pictures of another flower? The colors coordinate!

By Debbie from Wind Lake, WI

I need to decorate a pathetic office bathroom at a creative studio. It has no windows and beige, ugly flooring.

By Irene

I just got a nickel finished space saver for the bathroom. How do I make it match if the shower door is gold?

By jackie from Brentwood, NY

I was decorating my children's bathroom in tropical fish and when I tried to find some counter items to hold cotton balls and such I was less than impressed with the selection. Then I thought I would create some items so I went to my local Wal-mart and looked in the pet section for fish bowls.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating BathroomFebruary 5, 2015
😷
🎄
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Decorating-a-Bathroom.html