Making Your Own Powder Puff

What are some alternatives to a powder puff, that I can find locally (without ordering from the net) or better yet some way to make one?

I recently made a body powder with white clay and cornstarch and I love it. So far I've managed without a powder puff, but it would be so much easier to apply with one.

Thanks for any ideas!

By CK from So CA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I found one at K-Mart a few years back.Maybe a craft store(?).

You could try a fuzzy material like flannel or the wrong size of fleece (think of how a new sweatshirt is fuzzy inside). Even a good quality terrycloth might work. Your puff doesn't have to be round. It's probably easier to fold a piece of material into a square, and pin or sew it to keep the shape. You can insert a cut sponge to give it some substance, or experiment and see what works for you.

How about using a makeup brush to apply it, or cotton balls, perhaps.

Have you thought about putting it in a shaker of some sort, old spice jar, baby powder jar, just about anything with holes on the top (or make your own) then you can shake out just what you need.

Answer

Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips PowderSeptember 8, 2010
Measuring spoon with homemade baking powder.
Homemade Baking Powder Recipes
Chili Powder In Measuring Spoon
Homemade Chili Powder
Homemade Puff Pastry
Homemade Puff Pastry
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 9, 2016 at 5:39:59 PM on 10.0.1.119 in 297 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.