Suggestions for Hanging Kitchen Trivets

How do I hang a kitchen trivet that has no existing nail ring? I don't want to use plate hangars, as I don't like seeing the little hook-ends at top/bottom of trivet? I tried gluing picture wire using super glue, but the back of trivet is a porous material and the glue wouldn't stick at all!

Can someone give me a suggestion? I have 6 decorative trivets to hang.

By Judy from Riverside, CA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

If the trivets are like the ones I have, mine are open metal type designs, and I just put nails in the wall, then hung the trivets up that way. There are also glue on type picture frame hangers in the frame section at most discount stores, hey are a paper type section that you moisten, and apply to the back of a frame, with a hole on one end that hangs loosely where you would hang it from a nail.

My trivets are made out of earthenware.....porous.

Try E6000 glue. You can find it at Menard's, or Michael's crafts. This is more of a rubber glue, it's great. You could try sealing the back with some polyurethane so the glue will stick (poly, sand, several times). As you sand, just remove the high spots, after several coats it will become smooth, just like wood.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenAugust 15, 2010
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
Crochet Hot Pads
Making Crochet Hot Pads and Trivets
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:09:28 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.