Making Cushions for a Kitchen Nook

I just bought a kitchen nook bench/table set used, at a great price! I am now looking to get the cushions for it and they will be more than I paid for it which to me makes absolutely no sense! Does anybody possibly have any sort of sewing patterns to make them?

By Desiree from Phoenix, AZ

Being the cushions are plain rectangles all you have to do is measure to determine the amount of fabric you will need, then add 1/2" all the way around for seams. Then determine the type of padding you want to use, then follow the same measurements as you did for the fabric only don't add any allowance for seams. Then sew the two long sides and one short side. Leave one end open to insert the stuffing and hand sew the open end.

I was thinking to make them of pieces of foam sold in fabric/craft stores. They come in various lengths and thicknesses. Just sew square or rectangular fabric covers.

I have one of those full body pillows as a cushion on top of an old trunk. I just made a large pillow case in a fabric that matched the decor in that room. Perhaps that would be a quick and cheap solution for your bench?

Crafts SewingJanuary 31, 2011
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Upholstered couch with soft cushions.
Making Couch Cushions Firmer
Making Chair Cushions
Making Chair Cushions
Couch Cushions Being Cleaning
Cleaning Cushions
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 16, 2017 at 6:32:35 AM on 10.0.1.142 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.