Converting a Closet into a Private Nook

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 969 Posts

peek through door into closet nook conversionI have a storage unit which was half full but still costs me the same each month. Then, I have a small apt. full of supplies I don't need till I need them, cluttering up my life.

I promised myself I would write more this year and so far, only one thing has made it to paper. The TV, kitchen, and computer are all distractions. So...

With a gimped up hand and way more time than I wanted it to take, I took all the supplies to storage and once again put my home in a state of upheaval, but it was so worth it!

I don't have any "steps or stages" photos, so this might end up a just a share. But it proves that you can do what I did with even a small space. I call it my reading, writing, thinking, and hiding room.

Total Time: 2 Days

• 1 comfy chair ($ )
  • 4 crates or shelving low to the ground ($ )
  • 1 writing supply table ($ )
  • 2 knick knack shelves ($ )
  • photos, collections, and calendar

1. Clear out the entire room. This gives you a sense that the room is new and all your own.
  2. Fill the walls first, to avoid having to bend over chair and table.
  3. Converting a Closet into a Private Nook

Converting a Closet into a Private Nook

Converting a Closet into a Private Nook

Converting a Closet into a Private Nook

4. Move in the crates and fill the books. Add your collection on top or inside if you are a lover of something else.
  5. Converting a Closet into a Private Nook

Converting a Closet into a Private Nook

6. Move in the chair to help you choose the best table for your supplies. If you are an artist, an easel/canvas and brushes, crafter with what you need to create.
  7. Converting a Closet into a Private Nook

Converting a Closet into a Private Nook

8. Decorate to please your own tastes. I am a lover of all things Alaskan and that means moose and bears. I also love teddies and tins so sometimes I can incorporate my collections with two things at once...like tins with teddies or bears or moose, plates and wall hangings and more.
  9. Converting a Closet into a Private Nook

Converting a Closet into a Private Nook

10. Create the space you love that is all your own.
  11. Now, as you can see by the main photo, I made this all in a closet just 4.5' by 6'.
  12. I hope this inspires someone to find a place you can close off the world and just be.

Organizing AdviceMay 23, 2016
👔
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Converting-a-Closet-into-a-Private-Nook-1.html