Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

How Do I Get Rid of Blue Jays?

I have this blue jay that sits by a window of my house and pecks at it. Sometimes it starts pecking around five in the morning. It's always waking me up and it continues to peck throughout the day. I use to have mourning doves that had nests by my front door that have been scared off along with sparrows and other birds because of the Blue Jay. Now there are atleast three birds taking up a home around my house. Someone help me get rid of these birds,

Andrew of San Diego

Here are questions related to How Do I Get Rid of Blue Jays?.

Question: Getting Rid of Blue Jays

How do we get rid of blue jays?

By bryantvbryant

Most Recent Answer

By DeBushe [17]05/20/2013

You could try hanging old CD disks in the trees and bushes where they like to roost. The glitter should frighten them away. We don't even try to get rid of ours as having Blue Jays is better than having Mocking Birds. At least the Jays are quiet all night.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: How do I get rid of Blue Jays?

I have this blue jay that sits by a window of my house and pecks at it. Sometimes it starts pecking around five in the morning. It's always waking me up and it continues to peck throughout the day. I use to have mourning doves that had nests by my front door that have been scared off along with sparrows and other birds because of the Blue Jay.