Are Dryer Balls Safe?

Has anyone ever heard of a dryer ball being involved in a fire or smoldering clothes?

By Holly

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Wow, that's a scary thought. I haven't heard of it, but I suppose it is possible, considering that they're made from chemicals that could perhaps ignite. Another possible cause might be backed-up dryer lint. I'd suggest that you Google terms like "dryer ball" + fire (to see if anyone else reports the same problem). Meanwhile, I'd get somebody out to look at the dryer, to make sure the fire wasn't caused by a mechanical problem.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsJanuary 8, 2011
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
sheep wool dryer balls
Homemade Wool Dryer Balls
Dryer Sheets
Are Dryer Sheets Safe for Birds?
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:24:29 PM on 10.0.2.236 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.