Asking a Guy to Prom

So I'm kind of a chubby girl and there is this guy at my school on the football team that I wanna ask to prom next year. You see, I'm kind of an outcast and I've liked him ever since 7th grade. How would I go about asking him to the prom?

By Kayla R

Does he show any interest in you? I would say if you are going to be a junior or senior next year and you have liked him since 7th grade and he hasn't shown any interest in you, I would suggest you set your sights else where. There is a good possibility that he has a girlfriend or will have by next year. I wouldn't even worry about the prom until next January. If by next year he doesn't show any interest in you at all, I would ask a guy that is just a friend to be your date, so that you have an escort for the event. Otherwise my theory is when a person wants to ask somebody something, just go ahead and ask, forget about doing something fancy.

May 12, 2012 Flag

What is a creative way to ask a guy to a dance? He is much older than me, but I know he will say yes.

By Michele from Baton Rouge, LA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Just ask him. Guys don't care for cutesy ways of doing things or something being hinted at. They prefer a gal to be straight forward and tell them what they want or ask them what they want.

Ditto with Suntydt but you can simply ask if he would mind taking a younger lady to the dance if you want to make yourself feel good about being creative ;-)

A girl with her prom date.
Asking a Guy to Prom
Holidays and Parties Parties School PromJune 2, 2011
Closet full of prom dresses.
Planning a Prom Dress Re-Sale Event
Three girls wearing prom dresses.
Saving Money on Prom Dresses
Girl waiting for her date to a dance.
Asking a Guy to Winter Formal
Couple Going to Prom
Saying Yes to a Prom Invitation