Keepsake Teddy Bear from Loved One's Clothing

I recently heard about this idea from my niece and loved it! When you lose a loved one of your family, most clothing is usually donated. Well, if you were close to them, you usually recall them in their favorite flannel plaid shirt, hunting shirt, suit, dress, etc. Ask for that piece of clothing, this can be made into a teddy bear as a keepsake!

There are many teddy bear patterns to choose from. Don't sew? Chances are good that someone from your area sews! There are also companies online that will make the teddy bear for you, they even make them from mink coats! This would also be a heartfelt memento gift to give to a family member.

The teddy bear could also wear a jewelry pin, tie clasp, etc. from your loved one. Let's not forget a beloved pet, their favorite blanket can also be made into a keepsake teddy bear too.

By Missy MM from OH

Another idea I later thought of! Purchase a Teddy Bear that you really like & make or have an outfit sewn for this Bear from your loved ones clothing as a Loving Memory Keepsake.

This is great. We had our father's bath robe made into 3 Teddy Bears. They were our Hershey Bears. Hershey Bear made it to my daughter's weddings and our family reunions. It was just as if Daddy was with us. He's in all the photos.

What a wonderful idea. I just wish I'd seen this idea a little sooner. I lost my father this past fall and miss him terribly. It would have been great to make bears for the grandchildren and great-grandchildren from some of his clothing. Thanks Missy!

I love this idea! and I like the one about making an outfit for a purchased bear from their clothing as well - thanks for sharing such wonderful tips!

I love this idea. I wish I had seen it sooner, but so glad that others will see it!

When my mother, and then my father passed away, my sister made me Teddy Bear each time from some clothing of my parents, and enclosed a little poem about the keepsake teddies. The pattern and the poem came from a ladies magazine. I would dearly love to have a copy of that poem. Neither of us can find our original copy. The first bear (and poem) were sent to me in 1994.