Making a Crocheted Teddy Bear Pin

Category Ideas
This simple crochet pattern can be used to make cute, soft teddy bear faces for pins. This is a guide about making a crocheted teddy bear pin.

Crocheted pin with a face and ears.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Instructions:

I used double strand, so if you don't, your work will be smaller.

1. From hook, chain 4 and make 9 double crochets in the first chain from hook, join with slip stitch.This makes you have 10 double crochets in the circle.

2. In second circle, make a double crochet in the same stitch below, and make two double crochets in each stitch around. Do this around and you should not cup or flare (too tight or too lose).

3. When you join the second row, chain one and make a half double crochet in the second stitch from your hook. Chain 2 and make 5 double crochets in same stitch, then one more half double.

4. This makes the ear. Slip stitch across 3 stitches, and repeat the next ear.

5. Close off, cut thread and work in.

6. Option: You can make a one stitch to one stitch border in a darker brown (mine was ecru) to make it pop!

7. With a pencil, not a marker, make a shape on felt by tracing around the bear face. When it's done, if you can see it, cut it a bit smaller than the actual crocheted work.

8. There are several ways to make the face. I chose glitter glue from the dollar tree but you can also use buttons (I couldn't find two matching blue ones to save my life) but I am sure you can.
    The tiny little black button in the photo shows you how perfect buttons would be. You can leave the mouth off and just do eyes and nose, too.
    You can also embroider the eyes and nose with thread or thin yarn.
    I put some pink nail polish in the ears but you can leave it blank, if you choose.

9. Cut out backing, making sure to not let felt or pencil marks show. Using the tacky glue, glue the face to the backing.

10. When that dries, use the E6000 glue to secure the pin back to the center of the felt or foam backing.

N-JOY!

By Sandra Allen from Yorktown, VA

Too cute, my grandaughter will love this!

Hello, I've got a question about this Teddy Bear pattern. Is it possible that you could use it in a center of a granny square and if so how would you do it?