Baked Ginger Pears
- 8 canned no sugar added pear halves
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger or chopped crystallized ginger to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry-roasted chopped pecan
- Crystallized ginger for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain pears, reserving juice. Arrange pear halves close together in a baking dish cut side up. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, lemon juice, ginger and pecans; mix well. Spoon into pear halves and sprinkle lightly with ginger. Pour reserved pear juice around pears to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or cover and refrigerate to serve chilled. Garnish with bits of crystallized ginger.
Source: A friend Rita
By Raymonde from North Bay, Ontario
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 15, 2017 at 3:19:28 PM on 10.0.0.134 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us