Use Bottle Cap as Strawberry Huller

I love strawberries and have a strawberry huller to help me get the green ends off. One day the strawberry huller went missing, so I had to improvise. I used a bottle cap with a serrated edge. By grasping one side and using the edge to slice off the strawberry top, I was able to hull a lot of berries. It worked great!

By lauralynned from Columbus OH

I didn't know that even made somthing to dehull strawberries with. lol I've always used my potato peeler. Insert the pointy end down into the strawberry and go around the hull and it pops right out!

Photos FoodJune 9, 2010
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
baby sleeping
Cradle Cap Remedies
Felt covered bottle cap becomes Easter bonnet.
Craft Uses for Plastic Bottle Caps
nail polish bottles
Keeping Bottle Tops From Sticking