Growing Grass On Top of Concrete

Can I plant grass over a concrete pad?

By vincem from Stillwater, NY

Answers

No

June 18, 2009 Flag

I have a small garden, and it is in a patio. I have taken up the slabs and there is some concrete mixed with stones, hardcore and seems very porous. I want to lay grass there. Do I need to break up the concrete, or could I just drill a load of holes on it to help with the drainage?

I thank you for your help in advance :-)

Spinkminky from Brighton, UK

Answers:

Growing Grass On Top of Concrete

I do have grass growing on top of concert and it is coming back from last year. It is doing great. My friend dug up sod where I wanted a flower bed & put it on the cement then put bricks around it to hold it in place. Just keep watering it. (04/11/2008)

By Joyce wis

Growing Grass On Top of Concrete

Hi, I'm new to this and need some advise on growing grass on concrete. My concrete is 4 inches thick, a land size of 10x50. If I break the concrete my entire wall will fall off, there's a solid rock in between my wall and drain 1.5 metre, my house is an end-lot.

I was thinking of covering 2-inches of top-soil in the bottom layer + 1-inch of sand as the top layer, with Phillipine grass on top of it. Can anyone suggest on this, please? Btw, I am from Malaysia (05/14/2009)

By shaggyozone

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Patio Furniture on Grass
Replacing a Patio with Grass
Home and Garden Gardening LawnJune 18, 2009
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
Dog on Concrete
Dog Pooping and Peeing on Concrete
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2017 at 6:24:29 AM on 10.0.0.15 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.