Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Picnic Table Decorations

I attended a meeting and potluck. The tables were decorated with red and white gingham checked tablecloths, with red napkins and red drinking cups. Small individual dishes of jelly beans were the favors for everyone to take home with them. The biggest hit of the decorations was the plain, white paper placemats with black ants drawn and colored on, along with word "Picnic". Cute! Eye catching!

By Terri H. from NV

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Mitzi (Guest Post)08/22/2007

LOVE this idea!! Hope I can remember it for next summer!! Thanks a million for posting such a cute idea! Mitzi

By Judy Harris [28]08/22/2007

Reading one of the previous entries about the placemats being plain white with ants drawn on them made me think of something you might consider doing along that same line. How about a plain white placemat decorated to look like a recipe card? I think it's a cute idea if I do say so myself,LOL
Judy in Alabama

By Robin (Guest Post)08/21/2007

I've taken quart Mason jars and filled halfway with glass gems(craft dept) in whatever color I needed, nestled a glass votive holder down in the middle of the gems with candle inside. On the outside of rim tied raffia and hotglued silk flower. Pretty cheap and looks nice too. Oriental Trader has really cheap tablecloths too in prints and solids.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Picnic Table Decorations

I am hosting a cookbook sales kick-off picnic for all those who have helped on the organization of the cookbook. I am looking for outdoor table decorations for this theme. Or any other ideas?

Carol

RE: Picnic Table Decorations

What about crocks (or other containers) filled with cooking utensils or wooden spoons, decorative drink pitchers or nice serving bowls. They could even be raffled off at the end of the picnic (07/16/2005)

By apmacik

RE: Picnic Table Decorations

Use the green grass type floor covering that you buy by the yard ... looks very festive and you can also wash it off if it gets spilled on! (08/10/2005)

By Syd

RE: Picnic Table Decorations

Tablecloth with theme colors

Candles - citronella or other types of candles; there are cute candle holders at dollar stores

Small pieces of yard art can be used on the picnic table

Small pictures on easels to reflect theme of party (06/29/2006)

By WandaJo