Save Money By Recycling

Call your nearest garbage drop off to save money! I know some states pay for garbage through taxes, but for those of you who pay by bag, call the garbage facility in your area and ask about recycling. Usually they take recycling for free with a bag of trash. Once you get into it, you will realize most of the things you throw away are able to recycle. Cut your garbage bill in half (or more).

You can recycle almost everything: plastic (bottles, bags, jugs), Paper (newspaper, magazines, etc.), metal (cans mostly). That leaves you with leftovers (compost), junk mail (make a pinata), old clothes (cleaning rags), broken electronics, toys and "stuff". Save the earth and your hard earned money!

By Starchild from Lamoille County, VT

I am just separating my very first load of recyclables now. My husband and I are grandparents of a couple of the most beautiful baby boys and started thinking about the world we would be leaving them if we don't start thinking about the earth a little more. I can't believe the amount of things we have been throwing away that can be reused!! There is a little recycle triangle on just about everything!! Plastic grocery bags can be returned to Kroger and Walmart and clean styrofoam meat trays and cups, plates, etc. can be returned to Kroger. We had lots of those.

Since we live out in the country, We asked about how to recycle and found out that our township houses have the huge recycle bins once a month that takes newspapers, aluminum cans glass, etc.. That's what I am getting ready to use right now. It's here for a week each month and I have marked them all on the calendar.

Thank you for the post!!

I love what you are doing margie. The world thanks you, as do I.

Recycling Tips, Man Helping Children Sort Recycling
Recycling Tips
Better Living Green Living RecyclingApril 24, 2007
Old Dresser
Recycling an Old Dresser
Recycle Sweaters into Scarves
Recycling Sweaters into Scarves
Recycling Small Appliances
Recycling Small Appliances
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
🎉
🎄