Tennis Banquet Decoration Ideas

Category Sports
Table with tennis racket and balls, strawberries and champagne.
Planning a unique banquet for the end of the tennis season can be challenging. This guide contains tennis banquet decoration ideas.

I am looking for simple but creative decoration ideas for a girl's high school tennis banquet?

By gfast from Denver, CO

Best Answer

I'd look online, maybe google images of vintage tennis photos or get tennis memorabilia on ebay; magazines, photos, etc. or xerox pics from library books on the history of tennis. It would be fun for the girls to see how women used to wear long dresses to play tennis.

You could also find "fun fact" info about women's tennis history and type it up and print the fun facts to place on the tables at each place setting.

You could get old tennis balls and cut them in half and use them to hold candy or a small flower floating in it (make sure to keep the tennis ball stable by sitting it on a cut up cardboard tube.)

You could get copies of the logos of all the Major tournaments: US Open, Wimbledon, etc. and use those for centerpieces. I'd use empty tennis ball cans for vases.

Hope this gives you some help.

Anonymous

I don't advise you put this on a table where people will be eating, but somewhere in the room you can use an old beat up pair of tennis shoes as vases. Either place a small cup of water inside and use real flowers with short stems or use artificial.

I am planning a tennis member-guest event and need some relatively inexpensive decoration and centerpiece ideas. The event is a dinner and will be held at a Country Club. I would like to do something original.

Lisa from Jacksonville, FL

Answers:

Floating Tennis Balls and More

I hope this helps to get your creative juices flowing! (11/03/2004)

By Reba Gayle S.

Old Tennis Rackets

I went to the local thrift shop and picked up some beautiful older tennis rackets to use on table as part of the center piece. (02/25/2008)

By Nora

Tennis Ball Favors

For my daughter's party I made tennis party favors. If you go to a local tennis court, there are usually a few tennis balls left behind. My husband cut them open and made them hollow. Then I filled them with candy and tied them with ribbon. The girls loved it! (07/23/2008)

By Brandi C.

Barbie Tennis

I found a barbie doll and a tennis outfit for her. I put her on a green stand with all the tennis stuff at her feet, balls, coke cans, tennis towel, mini rule book, sunglasses, etc. then I wrapped a net (tennis net) around her. You can put any kind of saying at the base, funny and glam. (02/05/2009)

By Donna