Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Tennis Party - Decoration Ideas

I am looking for simple but creative decoration ideas for a girl's high school tennis banquet?

By gfast from Denver, CO

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Lee Taylor [10]05/16/2009

I'd look online, maybe google images of vintage tennis photos or get tennis memorabilia on ebay; magazines, photos, etc. or xerox pics from library books on the history of tennis. It would be fun for the girls to see how women used to wear long dresses to play tennis. You could also find "fun fact" info about women's tennis history and type it up and print the fun facts to place on the tables at each place setting. You could get old tennis balls and cut them in half and use them to hold candy or a small flower floating in it (make sure to keep the tennis ball stable by sitting it on a cut up cardboard tube.) You could get copies of the logos of all the Major tournaments: US Open, Wimbledon, etc. and use those for centerpieces. I'd use empty tennis ball cans for vases. Hope this gives you some help.
-Lee in FL

05/08/2009

I don't advise you put this on a table where people will be eating, but somewhere in the room you can use an old beat up pair of tennis shoes as vases. Either place a small cup of water inside and use real flowers with short stems or use artificial.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Tennis Party - Decoration Ideas

I am planning a tennis member-guest event and need some relatively inexpensive decoration and centerpiece ideas. The event is a dinner and will be held at a Country Club. I would like to do something original.

Lisa from Jacksonville, FL

RE: Tennis Party - Decoration Ideas

Try floating tennis balls in pretty glass containers with floating candles using colored water. Cut tennis balls in half, cut slit in top to hold place cards, pictures, membership information etc. and place on tables. Stuff tennis balls into large glass vases, fill with water and local in-season foliage - will resemble the floral arrangements using oranges and lemons inside a vase.

Use tennis rackets (covered in plastic wrap on heads) to serve cheese balls and crackers, deviled eggs or whatever. Spread out tennis skirts on table underneath centerpieces. Use an old net cut into pieces over tablecloths and under centerpieces. Maybe your club will give you some balls and old nets for free! I hope this helps to get your creative juices flowing! (From a long-winded decorator, florist, wedding and events planner - wish I was there to help - sounds like fun!) (11/03/2004)

By Reba Gayle S.

RE: Tennis Party - Decoration Ideas

I went to the local thrift shop and picked up some beautiful older tennis rackets to use on table as part of or the center piece. Decorating the tennis cupcakes I used black licorice for the seams, on the Tennis Ball Cake, I used black licorice as well for the seams.

Also, an old wooden tennis racket and ball can be sprayed painted gold, and have clear rhinestones glued around the edge, to resemble the "MILLION DOLLAR" racket. I printed small tennis cartoons on sheets of paper, cutout, and put on the tables as confetti, etc. Good Luck and have fun. (02/25/2008)

By Nora

RE: Tennis Party - Decoration Ideas

For my daughter's party I made tennis party favors. If you go to a local tennis court, there are usually a few tennis balls left behind. My husband cut them open and made them hollow. Then I filled them with candy and tied them with ribbon. The girls loved it! (07/23/2008)

By Brandi C.

RE: Tennis Party - Decoration Ideas

I took a Christmas card holder stand and inserted tennis balls, that I put a slit in. Usually these stands are metal and can be bent to your desire. Continue decorating as tastefully or gaudy as you like (02/05/2009)

By Donna

RE: Tennis Party - Decoration Ideas

I found a barbie doll and a tennis outfit for her. I put her on a green stand with all the tennis stuff at her feet, balls, coke cans, tennis towel, mini rule book, sunglasses, etc. then I wrapped a net (tennis net) around her. You can put any kind of saying at the base, funny and glam. (02/05/2009)

By Donna