Browsing: Cutting Your Own Hair at Home

Cutting Your Own Long Hair

My hair is long, to the middle of my back. To cut my own hair, I take my curling iron (cold and not turned on) then grab a section as though I was going to curl it. I slide the curling iron down almost to the end. Then I hold the iron out in front of me and trim off the 1/2 inch of uneven ends. I go around all of my hair this way, just pinning out of the way what's already been cut. I never need help and I save a fortune!

By Melanie

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

When I was in high school (a hundred years ago!) I used a similar technique to cut my own long hair. I didn't trust anyone but myself with the scissors so finally devised the technique of parting off sections, trimming the ends, and moving on to an untrimmed section. It worked pretty well, and I felt a lot more secure. It never occurred to me then I was saving money!

Thats a really good idea, thanks for the help coz i too have long hair.

Also to layer your hair, put your hair into a ponytail at the very front of ur head, pretty much on your forehead and cutt hair at where it comes to around ur nose and take out. layers! bye

Scissors cutting a lock of dark hair.
Cutting Your Own Hair at Home
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips CuttingDecember 14, 2004
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 26, 2016 at 3:23:23 PM on 10.0.0.186 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.