Dog Needs to Gain Weight

I adopted a 10 month old Chi/Dachshund mix and she is rather skinny. Any suggestions on a good food to get her up to a healthy weight?

By Nelwyn

I have two skinny cats that recently got over severe illness. They are soo happy to be frisky again but are soo skinny. What can I do to fatten them up faster?

I have seen a greyhound get fat off of scraps of bacon. It didn't even eat that much bacon, just scraps a few times a week.

I'd give my cats the breakfast sausage patties from McDonald's or Burger King but I don't think any of them really like the taste. Rats! Maybe they need mouse patties. Are any of the cat treats helpful to getting a cat to gain weight? My Sugar Cookie kitty is much too thin. I wonder if dogs might benefit from the breakfast sausage patties.

For skinny dogs that have no other medical issue, use Satin balls. It is what we use when we get severely underweight dogs in rescue.

http://www.inst  ith-satin-balls/

As for the cat question we coax them to eat with gerber chicken or turkey baby food, they also have ham and beef if the cat prefers. It is in tiny jars and the ingredients list only 3 chicken (or turkey) cornstarch and water. If the cat still won't eat talk to your vet about other supplements or force feeding as a last resort, but only after a vet's instruction as it is easy to choke them if you do it wrong.