How Do Attract New Residents for a Retirement Community?

I would like to know if anyone has to help find new residents for a retirement community and if so, where have you looked or what activities have you done to get people interested in your residence?

By Kathleen from Marlton, NJ

Well you gotta know exactly what you are offering. For instance: We offer room, board, free home cooked meals, free snacks any time from our nutrition fridge, laundry services (at a small fee per month $65.00), use of our furniture or bring your own. Medication help should you need it, Special events ( night, bingo, arts and crafts) free hairstyling (or a fixed rate for someone to come in to do it.

Also if you made up a flier you could attract a lot of attention. Leave them at the doctors offices, post in post office if they have a board (ours does). Make a business card and pass out to friends for referrals. Also you could do a referral commission. Doesn't have to be a large amount of money. Just a token of appreciation.

Basically get the word out. I have always been taught word of mouth is the best advertising.

Good luck to you.

Years ago I owned & operated a child care center for 76 kiddo's. I started it from scratch. I had to let people know where I was, and what I had, and once they got inside the building, they loved it. I just had to get them in there!

Here are some ideas I did to draw them in, that you could play with to fit your needs:

I had the library come once a week with the "book mobile". Not only could the kids at the center check out books, but the housing addition I was in was also welcome to come as well.

I had the local college come and give workshops in my building on parenting skills, of an evening, after the center was closed. That got younger parents into my facility to take a look. I gained several family from those.

We had a "kids fair" on a Saturday, when we were closed in the parking lot and lawn. Of course, people went inside for the food and restrooms, gained families from that as well. We had a petting zoo there also. Perhaps you could do it as a "health fair", do bp checks, blood sugar screenings, eye and vision checks and so on.

Offer to let groups use your community room, dining room or community center at no charge, groups such as quilters, knitters, chess club.

Sponsor a quilt show at your location, or an art show.

Seniors like kids, invite your local 4H or scout groups in to put on programs or ask the 4H kids to bring their projects and put them on display for a few days.

Does your town have a welcome wagon or chamber? Join them, you pay, but get free advertising in return.

If you offer assisted living--make sure all the social services, churches and hospitals are aware you are their, most will pass out your info, but will be checking to make sure you have proper permits and licenses first.

Better Living Senior LivingMarch 3, 2011
Retired Couple on Bike Ride
Retirement Planning
Retirement Gift Ideas
Retirement Gift Ideas
Retirement Party Ideas
Retirement Party Ideas
Finding a Good Retirement Community, Houses in a retirement community.
Finding a Good Retirement Community