General AdviceConsumer Advice

Reviews of Ice Crushers

I wanted something to crush ice for fruit drinks, etc. for the summer. I spent a lot of time reading reviews of blenders, smoothie makers, and ice crushers. For the time being I finally settled on a ice crusher. I have not used it yet.

My question is can anyone give me their suggestions or experiences with such appliances? I own a good food processor so I really am not interested in something to replace that at this time.

Thanks.

By Carla

Answers

I have an ice crusher that I have had for years, an Oster "Snowflake"; about the size of a iron. BUT when we were kids we used the paper milk cartons (quart), cleaned them thoroughly and filled them with water then froze them. We then took a hammer and beat the carton until the ice was crushed like we wanted. You can save the crushed ice in a paper bag in the freezer if you don't use it all at once!