Dishwasher Left Black Streaks on Dinnerware

I have bowls that have black streaks from the dishwasher. I usually place them in the lowest tray. Nothing else on this tray has gotten these ugly streaks. What are they and how do I get rid of them? I have heavy china dinnerware.

By Elaine from NJ

Answers

I can't imagine what might cause this! Could you post a picture and perhaps more details, if any, about the type of bowls they are? There must be something about these bowls that is reacting with the heat &/or detergent in the dishwasher. After all, that is all that is going on in there, hot water and detergent. I can't understand how that would cause streaks on regular china dinnerware.

These bowls wouldn't happen to be red would they? Red glazes can turn black if they exposed to copper while in a kiln. Although I can't imagine that your dishwasher is getting hot enough for that!

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesSeptember 2, 2010
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
New Open Dishwasher
Saving Money on a Dishwasher
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 12, 2017 at 3:36:26 PM on 10.0.0.140 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.