I had a leak in my roof and a lot of rain came through the ceiling around the fan vent in my bathroom. The roof is now patched, but the insulation in the attic must be moldy because the room smells strongly of mildew. How can I get rid of the moldy smell? Will it eventually go away on its own?
By JudyMoldy from Laurel, MT
Does the attic have a window? If so, Air out the attic.
I sincerely doubt this smell will go away on its own. I think you need to get up in the attic and see what is going on. You may have a big problem up there. Or it may be something that a little chlorine bleach will fix. However, you have to get a look at it.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!