Scenery: Storm Clouds

I love sky watching, this picture I took today of our storm moving out from our area. I think sky pictures are awesome. :)

By Jackie

I took this picture of strange looking storm clouds. The storm its self wasn't that bad but the clouds looked fierce.

By mama22 from WV

Roiling Storm Clouds

Comment Like this photo? 20

Looks like it would have been a great" Halloween" night sky.

Thanks for sharing. GG Vi

Reply Like this photo? Yes

This was a storm rolling over top of us a week ago. Since there was no touchdown of any danger, the obvious stop of sunshine and start of storm line became a beautiful picture.

I looked out my window to see the first view of a storm heading towards us. I called my husband, who grabbed his camera, thinking he was going to get some great photos of a really bad storm hitting. Instead it justed rolled over the top of us, leaving us with these beautiful photos.

By Sandy

Comment Like this photo? 4

Looks like the economic storm clouds!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photo Description
"Life is not about surviving the storm; it's about learning to dance in the rain".

That quote came to my mind when I took this photograph. Last summer we went out of town to a very special event. Although it was wonderful, we were caught out in a crowd of thousands afterwards, trying to get back to our vehicles. It was a very scary experience, the day turned to the black of night in an instant, complete with lightning and hailstones. When we finally reached our car, as we were cautiously making our way home through the severely flooded streets, I couldn't help but be extremely grateful that we were all safe.

I took this picture out of my window as we were driving down the highway. Not to worry, my husband was behind the wheel.:) After such a destructive and unforgiving storm, I couldn't help but be awed by the stunning calm and beauty of the sky. It made me think how despite the sadnesses we may face, something beautiful is always left.

Photo Location
Near Detroit, Michigan, USA

Comment Like this photo? 1

I was just in my yard snapping pictures! I like taking pictures of clouds. I thought this was pretty. We were suppose to have a storm so I guess they're storm clouds, but the storm never came.

By Mary

Scenery: Storm Clouds

I love to take photos of the beauty around me. The sky looked so dark and I found it so very beautiful in its stormy look. This was taken in the evening out my back door! Only a higher power can make this beautiful scene, in my opinion.

By Nelliemary

Scenery: Storm Clouds

This storm passed overhead as I was coming in the house from getting groceries. I threw down my bags and grabbed my camera!

By Teresa

Scenery: Storm Clouds

Answers:

Scenery: Storm Clouds

The only thing missing is the location. I love the picture. At this time a storm is moving over East Tennessee and I wish I had the time and energy to rake leaves all tomorrow. (10/26/2010)

By tennesue

We have had a hot summer with many bad storms. This was one right after it had passed. I thought it was so pretty, so I captured it.

By Diana

Scenery: Storm Clouds

Picture of the storm clouds rolling in

By Brandi

Scenery: Storm Clouds

Answers:

Scenery: Storm Clouds

Wow! Go for cover! :-) Looks pretty scary, but good picture. (08/24/2010)

By jamish

Scenery: Storm Clouds

Wow! We had a pretty scary cloud formation over our apartment complex years ago, wish I'd gotten a pic of that. Storms are beautiful, even if they are scary. (08/24/2010)

By JustPlainJo