What is Whiting?

I am using boric acid to get rid of silverfish. I've read online that it is good to mix it with the inert substance, 'whiting'. What is whiting and where can I find it? The local hardware store does not carry it. Any suggestions?

NewYorkParis from NYC

Don't know about whiting, but know about silverfish and boric acid.

Mix 1 Tablespoon of Boric Acid, 1 tsp of Sugar, 4 oz water and saturate cotton balls with the solution. Place in cupboards or areas that you see silverfish. Use a margarine cover to hold the cotton balls. Kills them pretty good and it is also safe for children and pets.

Whiting is ground chalk. In art class the teacher told us Plaster of Paris is a type of ground chalk but I don't know if it's the kind you would use for this. Cloves or Epsom salts are supposed to get rid of silverfish. Why don't you give it a try? Sounds easier and less messy.

I had a recipe which i have lost now, but was very useful. IT WORKED on roaches! I think all it was is a mixture of the boric acid and Jack Daniels whiskey, could have had a tad of sugar mixed in. It was called 'Roach Cookies'. You add just enuf of the whiskey so you can form them into small balls and then when they are dry you place them above and below all your cabinets and door jambs and behind appliances, etc. The bugs are attracted to them eat some and die.... i think they bring it back to their nests too which helps all of them die. Anyway, i got rid of ALL of them that way!

Home and Garden Pest Control InsectsJanuary 7, 2008
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 16, 2017 at 2:23:21 PM on 10.0.1.179 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.