Recommendations For Mopping Products - Categories:

FloorsCleaning

Recommendations For Mopping Products

What do you think is the best mop or cleaning product for mopping floors? I find nothing I use is doing well enough. Does anyone know how well the steam mops work?

Split99

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

What I did was purchase a broom, like a push broom for cleaning floors, it did the trick. I used my usual Pinsole and I couldn't believe the difference. The priscles really penetrated into the scratches. I will tell you that I used to buckets for this. One with the pinesol and the broom and the other with clear water to mop up after, of course I clean the clear water reguarly. I was quite pleased at the result. Plus the broom only cost like $5.00.

I have the steam mop and although it works very well on vinyl, not so much on my Pergo floor. It leaves it very streaky. I do love the disinfecting properties of it though!

Ammonia is a wonderful (and inexpensive!) floor cleaner. It smells awful in the bottle, even if you get the lemon type, but the smell dissipates very quickly, and you will have a beautiful floor.

I bought a shark steam mop after months of mulling over the cost vs. benefit of it. Finally I broke down and bought it, brought it home and have LOVED it ever since. The trick, though, is to pre-wet the pads that come with it. If you don't do that, the steam won't push through well enough (until you're almost done). I had already mopped the day before I tried it, and my floors looked really clean. But then I used that thing and was amazed (aka DISGUSTED) by how much dirt came up. Now I use it all the time, and couldn't think of a better way to clean the floors. Now, the cost of cleaners, mop heads, and extra water is eliminated, and my floors feel so much cleaner. Definitely try to buy it at a store directly, because by the time shipping & handling is added, it becomes quite costly. Also, if you keep your reciept, you can return it if you're not happy, and again, you won't have to pay shipping to send it back, also worrying about getting the money back. Anyway, good luck, and hope you find a solution to make things a bit easier!

I use a spray bottle full of murphy's wood soap and a my swiffer wet jet. The swiffer refill cleaner is to expensive and doesn't last very long. Murphy's wood soap works great on all kinds of floors and furniture.

To find user reviews on the H2O wet steam mops go to

this site & enter H20 Mops. Other reviews are on Amazon.com for these machines. If you buy a Sharp

model at Bed Bath & Beyond, there's a 20% off coupon

you can get on line on their website.

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsJune 5, 2008
Throw Rug
Cleaning Throw Rugs
Woman Applying Facial Concealer
Recommendations for Facial Concealers
Plants Along a  Driveway
Recommendations for Plants Along a Driveway
Growing Carrots
Growing Carrots
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 9:09:15 PM on 10.0.1.53 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.