8th Birthday Party Theme Ideas

My daughter is turning 8 at the end of July and she has had a pony party, a princess one, and a clown theme before. I am clueless this year on what to do. Any ideas?

By BELGICA from CA

Best Answer

Why don't you ask your daughter what she would like? Perhaps she has some good ideas too.

Best Answer

You could have a fairy party and let them make fairy houses,and find "fairy" treasures that the fairies left. Or you could do a luau, that's what my 10 year old is doing, complete with coconut bra's and grass skirts. We are all looking forward to it. Last year we had a "pool party" for her birthday, one year we had a camp-in for her party. We never did the princess, fairies are as close as we came. We always try to include some sort of craftsy thing for all the kids to do.

My daughter is turning 8 and she's "over" princesses and fairies (which gave us great parties in the past) and not yet into the Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers phase (thank goodness). This weekend we're having a "chocolate party" for her. Homemade invitations with chocolate clip art and a small candy bar taped to it. We're making "chocolate pizza" (melted chocolate on a small Styrofoam plate) decorated with assorted candy and marshmallows, we're using plastic molds and everyone can pick a few shapes to mold their melted chocolate into. Decorating an Oreo with frosting and sprinkles and decorating their own chocolate cupcake. The goodies (except for the cupcake) serve as the take home in a cellophane bag.

She's also had an "almost" slumber party which would work for this age group, also. We decorated pillow cases with puffy fabric paint and glitter, painted toenails, and watched a movie. Ate "breakfast" for dinner (pancakes, fruit, bacon) and the cake was from Family Fun website (the Twinkies under a comforter that look like girls in a bed). The girls got picked up by 9 and she got to have one friend stay over (I couldn't handle 8 girls yet). Take home was the pillow case into which I put dollar store toothbrushes, toothpaste, bath salts, and Chapstick).

Good luck.

Maybe a fun tea party or a garden party. Make fancy sandwiches and have a dessert buffet and let them decorate hats. If you look in my profile you will see the link to our family album and once there check out the bridal shower page. We did these and the dessert buffet for that and it was so fun. Maybe after lunch is served and hats are made you can do manicures for the girls. You could also spin this idea into some kind of Alice in Wonderland theme as she did a tea party in that story. So maybe let them play croquet, too! Good luck.

I like these ideas and the princess theme too but I did this in the past. She is over all the princess, fairies, she is also over Hanna Montanna since that was the theme last year. I rented ponies for the children to ride just like the movie. Any other ideas?

8th Birthday Party
8th Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayMay 26, 2010
Safari Theme Birthday
Safari Theme Birthday Party Ideas
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Red Carpet
Red Carpet Themed Birthday Party Ideas
🎉
🎄