Homemade Toilet Paper

By Beth 14 7

Does anybody know how to make toilet paper? Not just using rags and rewashing. But paper, like you make homemade paper only suitable for bathroom use.

Beth from Bloomfield, IN

Showing: Answers Sort

By Llyvona Swartwood 8 Flag

My husband works at Georgia Pacific and makes toilet paper for a living. But to duplicate this process at home wouldn't be cost effective. Sears and Roebuck doesn't make a catalog big enough anymore so I don't have any ideas. Sorry.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By KL 3 554 Flag

I agree with poodlemom. Plus it would be tough to get it soft enough not to harm your bum and strong enough to hold up to business and to not leave 'lint' on your bum. You would have to make it safe for septic systems if you have one and to breakdown quickly when wet. Store bought T.P. is made to start degrading in short time otherwise it would clog up your system. That is why you shouldn't flush Kleenex tissues down the toilet.It would be hard to balance all that out and still make it cheaper than the real deal.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 467 2,133 Flag

I buy mine from the dollar tree and it's thick, soft and only .25 per roll. I believe in being thrifty, but I think there are just some things we need to buy.

If it's an irritation, you can get unscented, like mine is. If it's plumbing problems, you can get the kind that is biodegradable for camping and rv users. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By kathleen williams 76 1,661 Flag

You might locate this info online. I have not tried yet, good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By kathleen williams 76 1,661 Flag

Hi. Yes the info is online, good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Make Your Own BathroomOctober 30, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 11, 2016 at 2:03:39 PM on 10.0.1.117 in 769 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings